Friday, May 1, 2009

Awesome Craft Convention in D.C.

Now you know I don't necessarily consider scrapbooking a craft. I consider it recording memories in an artful way. For me the recording part comes before the art part - of course a quick review of my work makes that obvious. But I digress. I was on the train yesterday and read about a really cool handmade craft convention that will be in Washington, D.C. this weekend. It's called Summit of Awesome - I would love to check out the documentary or even attend the Show of Awesome, but my weekend is already looking a little overbooked so we'll see. But I thought I would share, since it does sound pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. So are you going? Or did you go? I went to a CKC last year, just to see what it was all about. I can't say it changed my life but I'm glad I went because my curiousity was satisfied, and the class I took (I'd never ever taken a SBing class before, and that was something else I wanted to do) while at the time I pooh-poohed it, I've used the layouts I learnt there over and over!
    So go! (if you can)
    Would I go again...? well my life is kinda crazy right now, but I could see myself making a mini-vacation to a CKU or other convention at some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete