Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Finds

I love this big world wide web of crafting inspiration, but I thought I would post links to a few new and favorite local spots to hang out at on the web.

First up - the DC Paper Craft Examiner - this column at the Washington Examiner on-line is a good one to check periodically to find out about local crafting stores and events.

Next up - the Scrapbooks Plus Store website. As anyone who has been scrapbooking for a few years knows, local scrapbooking stores (LSSs) have been going out of business in droves. Scrapbooks Plus located in Chantilly, Virginia is a bright exception to that rule. I love this well-stocked store with friendly and helpful staff. Check out their class schedule and kits.

Finally, a few blogs from local stampers and stamping stores, always great for inspiration.

Melinda's Musings - Melinda teaches cardmaking classes using Amuse stamps

A Happy Stamper - this is the blog for Angela's Happy Stamper, a rubberstamping store in Reston, Virginia. I'm planning to check it out really soon.

The Queen's Ink - I can just spend a fortune in this great store (and I have). Check it out if you are ever in the Baltimore/ Washington D.C. area.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the local links! I'm VERY new to scrapbooking and card making, but not new to Northern VA ... I never knew this stuff existed!!

    ReplyDelete