Monday, May 4, 2009

Memories Monday - Scrapbooking Old Photos

A couple of months ago I read an article in the February 2009 Creating Keepsakes Magazine by Ali Edwards called "Scrapbooking Childhood Photos" and her message of focusing on the stories and not spending too much time "fixing" the old photos really stuck with me. Over the last few months I have received some wonderful old photos from a number of family members. Most of the photos are faded and not particularly well composed. At first I would scan these photos into my computer and spend long periods of time trying to make them look like "new", usually ending up frustrated and not doing anything else with the photo. But after reading her article, I decided to go with what I had, and since then I have enjoyed pulling out these photos and just scrapbooking the memories they recall or the feelings they evoke. It's been said before and I think it's true sometimes we make this hobby harder than it needs to be. So try pulling out a few of the older photos you may have, scanning them into your computer and just start scrapbooking. Your memories are waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Great LOs and I love seeing the older photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so good at this! did you scrapbook with your students : )

    ReplyDelete