Thursday, May 28, 2009

What Size Are You?

We scrapbookers tend to sweat the small stuff a lot. Case in point - I've read numerous articles, blog entries and message board posts debating what size paper one should use to make a scrapbook page or album. Of course like all great "debates" there is no right or wrong answer to the question. As for myself I mostly use 12x12 inch paper for my scrapbook pages. This is the most common paper size used by scrapbookers and most companies sell their paper in this size and make albums to accomodate this size paper. I like the standard 12x12 inch paper because it gives me plenty of room for photos and journaling. The drawback with 12x12 inch paper is that it is big and takes up a lot of storage space, and the albums don't always fit on bookshelves.

I started off scrapbooking on 8-1/2 x 11 inch letter sized paper, and I still like to scrapbook on this size paper, especially if I am only using one photo or if I don't have a lot to say. Letter sized paper is great if you do a lot of scrapbooking on the computer because it allows you to use a standard sized printer. Letter sized paper is also easier to put in albums. For one thing you can put a piece of letter sized paper in any loose leaf binder you have on hand and in a standard sheet protector. Of course scrapbookers today have many more options than just these 2 sizes of paper. Scrapbook companies make albums and paper in many sizes including 6x12 inch, 8x8 inch, 9x9 inch, etc. While I rarely deviate from my two favorite sizes when doing everyday layouts, I like to experiment with new paper sizes and albums when I make smaller vacation or mini-albums. Lately I have been doing layouts on letter sized paper and I thought I would post a couple of creations.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pages!
    I haven't yet ventured into 8.5 x 11 but I'm sure I will one of these days.
    The other good thing about them is that they're easier to scan (smile)
    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mixing up the sizes these days too! I love your 'me and my james' page - is that PP or stamping as the background? - its so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started out with 8.5x11 (and miss it). Now, I do 12x12 because I can never narrow down my photos. Great LOs!

    BTW, I have an award for you on my blog. Stop by and pick it up whenever you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete