Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'll Take That Challenge

A big thing in scrapbooking right now is "challenges". A challenge is basically when another scrapbooker, or a magazine editor "challenges" other scrapbookers to do a layout on a certain topic or do a layout using a certain product, etc. To participate in the challenge, a participant just needs to upload or send a layout to the scrapbooker holding the challenge. Usually the challenge is accompanied by some sort of prize. The prize is never for the "best" layout - because being competitive is not usually how scrapbookers roll. The winner is usually picked out of a hat with all of the names of the participants in it.

Anyway, this week I decided to participate in the 52 Week Sketch Challenge being held at ClassyCoordinates by Tiare Smith. Each week Tiare posts a "sketch" or drawing of a layout, and asks participants to design a layout based on the drawing. Sometimes I'm feeling the sketch, and sometimes I'm not. This week I liked the Week 5 sketch, so I did a layout.

Here is the sketch.


and here is my layout, based on the sketch.

1 comment: