Monday, February 2, 2009

Giving a Little Credit

While I would love to take total credit for designing my blog title header, I actually got some help from some of the great free and almost free on-line resources for scrapbookers. One of the biggest changes in scrapbooking today is that a lot of people scrapbook or design pages exclusively or mostly on their computer and share layouts through e-mail, photo sharing websites, or by printing them out at home or through an on-line photo processing service. There are many on-line resources to help people design scrapbook pages and other digital elements and I used a few on my blog. For my blog title header I used a template for the basic design from ScrapGirls, an on-line digital scrapbooking store, and I used digital pattern papers from a free digital scrapbooking kit called Magic Rainbows designed by Rhonna Farrer available at Two Peas In A Bucket. These on-line resources can make digital and paper (sometimes called "Traditional") scrapbooking faster, but before they can be used a person needs to have a fairly strong understanding of at least one of the popular photo imaging software programs like Photoshop Elements or Corel Paint Shop Pro - and gaining that knowledge can be time consuming and require a small to steep learning curve. But with most of us today taking all of our pictures using a digital camera, it's a good idea to learn to use your photo imaging software if only to make the pictures you take look their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment