Sunday, March 15, 2009

Go Maryland! Go Terps!


This note is not about scrapbooking, but I just had to recognize the beginning of one my favorite sports events of the year, and that is the NCAA Division I Mens and Womens Basketball Championship tournament. I love the University of Maryland terrapins. I am an alumni of the University of Maryland at College Park, and while there I ran Cross Country and Track and Field at Maryland for 3 years (don't miss much about college, but I do miss my abs - but I digress). If you are a fan of the University of Maryland Women's Basketball team, then the last five years have been wonderful - the ACC Championship this year and the NCAA Div. I Championship in 2006. At the same time, if you have been a fan of the University of Maryland Men's Basketball team the last 5 years have been a little disappointing. But, this year the NCAA Div. I Basketball Championship should be great time for all Maryland fans - with the Women's team sure to receive a No. 1 seed and the Men squeaking in with a No. 10 seed. I will be posting my picks and brackets later this week. Let the Madness begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment