Thursday, August 13, 2009

Feeling Crafty

So 2 Peas in a Bucket is doing a 9-week class called Thinking Inking with Jennifer McGuire. Now the class is in it's final week, but don't fear you can watch all of the short videos on YouTube. That's what I've been doing. Now in general I would consider myself more collector of rubber stamps and ink pads, and not so much of a user. I think this is because it don't really know how to use rubber stamps and ink to create the types of effects and art I see and love in magazines and on websites. Anyway, this weekend I watch Jennifer's video on using Perfect Pearls (I've added a link to this product if you don't know what it is). Basically Perfect Pearls are shiny pigment powders that you can apply to paper products using a sticky embossing pad called Perfect Medium and a brush. You use water to set it. Now I have seen people do amazing cards and projects with these powders, so of course I have several unopened jars of the stuff. So I was excited to watch this week's video on using Perfect Pearls to see if I could learn more about them.




If you have these powders in your stash I highly recommend checking out Jennifer's video. I learned a lot. I tried out some of my new knowledge on 2 bookmarks/tags I cut out using my Cricut.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a collector more than a user of stamps too. The one time I tried a stamp on a layout it was a disaster and I had to do a repair job on it. My nearly 4 year old daughter uses them a lot though! I suppose I could check out JM's tutorials... I love her stuff. She is super talented.

    ReplyDelete