Monday, April 27, 2009

Gone - But Not Forgetting the Memories

So it looks like April is about to end without much commentary from me about scrapbooking. While I have not been blogging much this month about scrapbooking, I have busy creating a few layouts and working on finishing a few projects. I thought I would share a few things before the end of this month.

So I begin with a twofer. This layout is a 2 pager about our visit to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. and also uses embellishments I received in my April 2009 SweetPea Scraps kit. This layout uses paper from Sassafrass Lass, and various embellishments from the April 2009 SweetPea Scraps kit. I highly recommend scrapbooking clubs, and SweetPea Scraps is my new favorite (I've been in 3 different ones over the last few years). Also, the layout design is "scraplifted" from PageMaps. This is a great website with nothing but layout and card sketches. I frequently use it for layout ideas. Her sketches are a great timesaver.

Next up - a cute layout featuring my nephew Tyler. His father calls him Mr. T. This layout uses pattern paper and cardstock from the SweetPeas kit. I also used my Cricut to create the title and the embellishments. I used the Cuttin' Up and New Arrival cartridges. I'm a huge fan of my Cricut and I use it on almost all of my layouts. In the first layout I used it to cut out the circle.

And another layout featuring my sister-in-law. This layout uses pattern paper from October Afternoon and We-R-Memory Keepers and I also got these papers through scrapbooking kit clubs. The cardstock is from Die Cuts with a View and Bazzill. I used my Cricut to cut out the title and the house. I used the Home Accents, Going Places and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges. The embellishments are from various manufacturers including K&Company (journaling cards), K.I. Memories (rubber accents) and Making Memories (epoxy tags).



So that's a few of the layouts I worked on for the month of April. I hope to get one or two more posts in before the end of the month featuring so other stuff I'm doing. But we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful layouts, I particularly love the one of Tyler.
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Home of her own layout. Love the colors, the title, everything!!

    ReplyDelete